Advanced training (BKrFQG)
Since the law governing the qualification of professional drivers (BKrFQG) came into force in Germany, all those who drive a vehicle in a professional capacity must undertake regular retraining. This is intended to improve road safety, reduce pollution and prevent unfair competitive advantage in the road haulage industry within the EU.
The EU directive applies to drivers who
- are German nationals,
- are nationals of one other member state of the EU or EEA,
- or are nationals of a country outside the EU and EEA, and are employed in or sent to work in a company based in a member state of the EU or EEA, insofar as they drive vehicles transporting goods or people for commercial purposes, for which a Class C1, C1E, C, CE driving licence is needed more than a D1, D1E, D or DE licence.
An initial advanced training course must be completed
- five years after the basic qualification or fast-track basic qualification has been awarded,
- between 10.09.2008 and 10.09.2013 for the driving licence classes D1, D1E, D and DE,
- between 10.09.2009 and 10.09.2014 for the driving licence classes C1, C1E, C and CE.
According to the BKrFQV, knowledge from all the areas below must be transferred during the 35 hours of advanced training. This knowledge can be transferred either as theory or practically. The content of the knowledge areas can be summarised into different modules.
|1.1||Knowledge of the properties of the kinematic chain (of the powertrain) for optimum use|
|1.2||Knowledge of the technical features and function of the safety equipment. This knowledge is required for mastering the vehicle, keeping wear to the vehicle to a minimum and preventing malfunctions|
|1.3||Ability to optimise the fuel consumption|
|1.4||Ability to ensure the safety of the load, making use of the safety instructions and using the vehicles properly|
|2.1||Knowledge of the social and legal framework and regulations concerning road traffic|
|2.2||Knowledge of the regulations on commercial transport|
|3.1||Raised awareness of the risks involved in road traffic and industrial accidents|
|3.2||Ability to prevent crime and carriage of illegal immigrants|
|3.3||Ability to prevent damage to health|
|3.4||Raised awareness of the importance of a good physical constitution|
|3.5||Ability to correctly assess the situation in an emergency|
|3.6||Ability to behave in a manner that contributes to the positive image of the company|
|3.7||Knowledge of the economic environment of the road haulage industry and market regulations|
MAN ProfiDrive® presents you with a selection of different modules in order to meet the particular requirements of your company.
The advanced training can be completed at an earlier or later time in order to coincide with expiry of his/her current driving licence:
- once the basic or fast-track basic qualification has been awarded, the period of time until the next training must not be less than three years or more than seven years,
- for the licence classes D1, D1E, D and DE, the deadline must be before 10.09.2015,
- for the licence classes C1, C1E, C and CE, the deadline must be before 10.09.2016.