MAN Nutzfahrzeuge with positive résumé of IAA
The revolutionary MAN Concept S truck study was the crowd-puller in Hanover. MAN Truck & Bus Deutschland comes away with orders for more than 870 trucks and almost 130 buses.
From the point of view of MAN Nutzfahrzeuge the IAA, which was held in Hanover from 23rd to 30th September, was a complete success. The majority of the approximately 250,000 visitors came to the MAN stand to find out about the numerous innovations in the truck, bus, engine and services sectors. The German sales subsidiary, MAN Truck & Bus Deutschland, collected orders for more than 870 MAN trucks and nearly 130 MAN and NEOPLAN buses and coaches.
"With our show highlights like the revolutionary Concept S truck study, the new MAN TGX EfficientLine, the innovative MAN Lion’s City Hybrid bus, the new NEOPLAN Skyliner or our new mobility guarantee MillionMobility we evidently stuck a chord among visitors to the IAA and among our customers," said Dr. Frank Hiller, Director Marketing, Sales & Services at MAN Nutzfahrzeuge, in his summing up. "Our stand was definitely one of the best-visited, and the many meetings with customers and interested parties were very positive. With our IAA-App a large number of people got an overview of our stand and our exhibits," he continued. With more than 2500 downloads the IAA-App from MAN was the number one service in the Apple Store. MAN Nutzfahrzeuge's mobile websites on the IAA were visited by more than 25,000 users, while more than 1,400 visitors per day clicked into the IAA blog.
More facts and figures on MAN Nutzfahrzeuge's appearance at the IAA:
- About 40 fitters needed a total of 35 days to set up MAN's 8,256 square metre stand.
- Some 350 MAN employees and more than 150 hostesses were responsible for looking after visitors.
- The MAN catering service served 40,000 cups of coffee, 220 kilograms of biscuits, 18,000 pretzels, 17,000 sandwiches, 22,000 sausages, 9,000 meals of the day and 400 kilograms of fruit; in addition a total of 25,000 litres of refreshment drinks were dispensed.
- 26,000 water bottles, 10,000 footballs, 3,000 caps, 1,600 travel games and 1,600 seat cushions too were given to visitors.
- The MAN Trucker’s World drivers' club won a total of 330 new members; more than 1,500 club members visited the MAN stand, 20 per cent more than at the IAA 2008.
- The MAN press conference was attended by some 500 international journalists and other guests; ten TV features were made direct at the MAN stand, while more than 500 articles and reports in the daily and financial press, trade magazines and online magazines provided information on the IAA and on MAN Nutzfahrzeuge's innovations on show there.